Saturday, June 20, 2009

Whats on my bench at the moment....



Its been rather quiet (blogwise) for me lately, so I thought I'd update with what I've been working on lately. The following is a rough outline of the stuff I've been working on and probably why I feel like I never get anything done.

  • General purpose usb key for experimenting with USB drivers firmware and the rest.
  • MP3 shield for Arduino. Basically an Arduino version of the ButterflyMP3 project.
  • Daisy chained LED matrix controller. A flexible and extendable display made up of modules that can make any length display you want without changing the firmware.
  • Quickcoms 2: Pocket Term. A follow up to my Circuit Cellar article and competition project. Current quickcoms info is here.
  • ButterflyMP3 VS1053 hardware revision.This newer chip decodes :
    Ogg Vorbis; MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer III (CBR +VBR +ABR); layers I & II optional; MPEG4 / 2 AAC-LC(+PNS), HE-AAC v2 (Level 3) (SBR + PS); WMA 4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384 kbps); WAV (PCM + IMA ADPCM); General MIDI 1 / SP-MIDI format 0 files

  • ButterflyMP3 firmware updates

    • Add a simple LED based display. One LED lights up to indicate the track playing. Currently limited to 21 LEDs.
    • A simple Matrix keypad for music store "listening post" style operation. multiplexed on LED lines. Currently limited to 21 buttons. One button will trigger a track to be played.
    • Scrolling LED Matrix support. This is for my LED matrix project above if I ever finish it.

  • Butterfly Logger firmware updates

    • support GPS logging
    • support wireless sensors

  • The Glitch. A small device that goes inline with low voltage DC wall wart and switches it off and then on again once a day. (I bought a cheap router that needs a hard reset every so often.)

Plus some white LED based low power kitchen lighting, playing around with 3D scanning and of course the online shop which I have been doing absolutly nothing on for the past couple of months.

3 Comments:

At 1:02 am, Blogger Brian Durocher said...

Thats some really cool stuff.. I have to say. Let us know how that MP3 board works out...

 
At 3:38 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I am having fun with your Butterfly Logger! Thanks so much for it!

As a Brand new C student and now a getting gray beard, this is a great project for me to learn on! I got a version to compile this week with WinAVR 20090313. I changed a few things to get it to build, and referenced the mega169p to match the chip on my B'fly. It is logging away for the night right now, and I am absolutely thrilled! I just HAD to thank you!

Many happy projects to you sir!

 
At 12:43 am, Blogger aboshady said...

شركة تنظيف بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف فلل بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف منازل بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف شقق بالقصيم
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالقصيم

 

Post a Comment

<< Home